2 Sipgate numbers behind one router..?

You need to disable the DMZ setting on the router and setup port forwarding. You forward ports 5004 and 5060 to one IP and ports 5005 and

5061 to the other IP.

Yaser

Ivor J>

Reply to
Yaser Doleh
Loading thread data ...

Did you get a reply from Sipgate? I do not think they allow/permit/support what you are trying to do!

Reply to
Rick Merrill

The only way I could ever get my Sipgate connection to work was by setting the router DMZ to the address of the ATA-486. I'd tried everything before that, including opening all the ports as recommended by Sipgate, but the best I could get was the same as you, audio in one direction only.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Blunt

Did you try it ? After you disable the DMZ you need to setup port forwarding.

Email me directly and I will try to help you.

Yaser

Ivor J>

Reply to
Yaser Doleh

Because a single ATA with 2 ports will have a single IP. He can setup the DMZ host to that IP. This will forward all unknown packets to that IP.

Reply to
Yaser Doleh

If I disable DMZ neither of them work, including the one that works with its IP address set in the DMZ.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Exactly, so how do I get *two* ATA-486's working..? I can only set one IP in the DMZ..!

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Read my earlier posts. I spent half an hour on the phone with the guy from Sipgate who said it should work, but no way anything we tried worked.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Yes I *have* tried it, and several other combinations and nothing works. I already have port forwarding enabled in addition to the DMZ and only with both does the single ATA-486 work. Disable either and it does not. Add the second ATA and it doesn't.

I'm on the point of giving up now..!

Ivor

PS could you bottom post please, many thanks.

Reply to
Ivor Jones

[...]

There must be something about your modem-router that you're missing.

You know about IPs, redirects and port forwarding. Now check that each ATA works individually for their respective IPs and ports as you expect. Then try setting up for both simultaneously.

Check the modem-router manual/datasheets.

I'm guessing that you have:

ISP | | V Modem-Router-(Firewall) | | V LAN Switch or Hub --> ATA #2 | | V ATA #1

Yes?

Good luck, Martin

Reply to
Martin 53N 1W
[snip]

Precisely. ATA #1 works fine on its own, with both port forwarding set and the DMZ set to its IP. Add the 2nd ATA and it all goes pear-shaped..! The 2nd ATA works fine on its own, as does the first, it just won't work with both together.

I think a 2-port device such as one of the Sipura range might be the answer, would you agree..? Has anyone got one of these working with 2 Sipgate numbers behind a DM602 router..?

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Ivor Jones wrote: [...]

Now, why should 2x 2-port ATAs work any better with what you're trying?

The problem is with your modem-router not doing NAT/forwarding properly or otherwise with your settings for it.

You would get similar problems if those ports were on two PCs on your internal LAN for example.

Look and check further.

Good luck, Martin

Reply to
Martin 53N 1W

Each phone has to have it's own IP. Please correct me if you know otherwise.

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Reply to
Yaser Doleh

No, I meant *one* 2-port device which will (hopefully) allow the two phone numbers to present to the router with a single IP address.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Ivor you may have already answered this but is there a way to turn on UPNP on your router? With UPNP I dont think you should need to forward any ports or put the ATA in the DMZ (both of which you can only do to a single IP address).

I have a SPA-2000 behind a USR9106 router with UPNP enabled and dont have to forward any ports. I've got two numbers from 2 different providers on the SPA.

Reply to
Roger

The router does not have any settings for UPNP so it looks as though that's a non-starter.

Thanks for the thought though.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Surely, but I thought he was talking about two TA.

Reply to
Rick Merrill

That's what I've been *trying* to get working, unsuccessfully. So I'm thinking of a single 2-port device, can anyone recommend one that will work with 2 accounts from Sipgate..? They use the same SIP and STUN servers but require separate login and password details.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

sipura 2000?

---------------------------------------------------- reverse my email address, and remove the obvious spam traps to reach me by email.

formatting link
= site not updated.

Reply to
Mark Kelly

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.