Why doesn't Skype work for me or my friends today?

Because you are posting from the future?

Reply to
SJP
Loading thread data ...

Anyone know what's with Skype? Is yours working? Neither I nor my friends can log into Skype or SkypeOut or SkypeUSA today. Can you?

Reply to
Sharon Ciccio

Skype is aware of, and working on, the problem. You should simply check their forum. >

formatting link

Reply to
Al

The bloggers are going nuts about the skype login problems. Here's the skype site's note

formatting link
Here's the latest on the sign-on problem. We're on the road to recovery. Skype is stabilizing, but this process may continue throughout the day.

Reply to
Mike Easter

Sharon Ciccio wrote: NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 04:17:44 EDT Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 01:17:50 +0300

Voluntary courtesy clock police report.

Your news provider stamped your message Aug 17 08:18 UTC, which seems reasonable, but your computer stamped your message Aug 17 22:18 UTC which is currently quite a number of hours in the future which is definitely unreasonable.

That is, it is apparent that you have your computer's clock set using the wrong timezone offset from UTC. Most people would prefer to correct their computer's clock's time to the correct timezone offset.

Reply to
Mike Easter

The other night they did a software update and the system has had problems since. Log onto their web site and read about it.

Reply to
Steven Lichter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.