"Skype me" did not work?

Hi all,

I have been using Skype for just a few days and successfully tested it with an existing user. I also did the ten second phone message test, and it worked great.

I am wanting to talk to other Spyke users who happen to be online as the same time as me. I have read in some forums where Skype users set their stats to "Skype me" and almost instantly get flooded with contact requests. I thought I would try that, but here I sit in "Skype me" mode, and nary a call. I am not even sure how to find out who is in "Skype me" mode.

Can any one help?

Keith Richmond

Reply to
Keith Richmond
Loading thread data ...

You should change your nick to something other than 'serialkiller944'.

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz

"Miguel Cruz" kirjoitti viestissä news: snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net...

KR> I thought I would try that, but here I sit in "Skype me" mode, KR> and nary a call.

Or your sex to "female".

(I have not got any calls, but my female friends say they get bugged regularly.)

Reply to
Petri Krohn

They'll get a shock when you answer though, won't they..?!!

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

All these responses have been amusing. Really! :)

But can anyone answer my second quesiton? How do I find out who is in "skype me" mode? Obviously anoucing yourself as available to be skyped has to be listed somewhere. Is it in teh Skype program itself, or somewhere on line, or.....?

Keith Richmond

Reply to
Keith Richmond

itself,

Go to tools >> search for skype users >> click check box to search for those in skype me mode.

Matt Barlow

My dissertation is on Internet Telephones. Please go to my website and fill out my questionnaire:

formatting link

Reply to
MJBarlow

Ah! There it is. Thanks, matt.

KR

Reply to
cdn1967

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.