Voicemail Indicator Lights

I have VOIP and three phones with voicemail indicator lights. Currently two of the phones (GE 27933, cordless) have the indicator light blinking (on base) and the other phone does not. I do not have any messages in my mailbox. My phone company has confirmed that it is not sending the signal to light the lights.

Yesterday I unplugged one of the GE phones (both AC and phone lines) for about an hour and the light came on when I replugged it in.

Does anyone know a way to turn off these lights on the GE phones? Or should I just leave them unplugged for a longer period?

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
nr
Loading thread data ...

Some phones have a magic key sequence or hidden button that can be used to turn the VM waiting light off. Check your manual. If you don't have a manual, try google.

If the phone doesn't have this feature or you can't figure it out, try getting a voice mail and letting the VM system set the lights on all your phones. Then, delete the voice mail and see if the VM system clears the lights.

-Gary

Reply to
Gary

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.