Vodavi StarPlus Problem

My father has a Vodavi StarPlus phone system. I think it's more sophisticated then he needs, but anyway, at least two of his phones don't ring any more. The phones work, they just don't ring, although an outdoor bell he has does ring.

Also on page 48 of his User Guide, under section 102.56 (Privacy), it says the default setting is "All intercom and CO lines are private. He wants to know how he can change that so that if he answers a call at one station that is for someone other than him he can tell that other person to pick it up "on the other phone." The way it is now that can't be done.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Reply to
John
Loading thread data ...

In the3 last 15 years or so, Vodavi has made about 12 systems under the "Starplus" name. Which one of the 12 is yours?

In a 616/Flex the Day and night ring is program 13 and 14. Auto-Privacy release is program 21 button 5 light on for privacy..

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

On the cover of the Users Guide it says StarPlus DHS. The guide has a copyright year 1997.

Thanks so much for your help, Carl. I appreciate it very much.

Reply to
John

If they rang once but don't now, check that they are not in DO NOT DISTURB. Privacy release is in the main program, which is easy if you have the Programming and Installation manual.

TerryS

Reply to
TerryS

Keep looking in the manual. Section 1 does the station programming for receive and ringing, Section 3 item 1 is Privacy release.

Since my page 48 says nothing about what you're asking and my July,

1997 DHS manual is Revision 2, you may have earlier software.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Navarro

I'll do that this evening when I get home from work, Carl. Thanks again for your help.

John

Reply to
John Sanders

My manual is entitled StarPlus DHS, User's Guide w/Feature Package 2, It is Revision 2 and is a 62 page booklet. IT begins on page 1 with Section 100 Becoming Familiar With Your Telephone and goes to section

102.71 Volume Control on page 61. Page 62 is entitled Feature Access Codes.

Section 102.56 Privacy is on page 48, and so is the next section,

102.57 Privacy Release.

I believe, although I am far from certain, that Section 102.56 Privacy is the feature I am trying to modify so that when a call comes in and it's not for the person who answers the phone he can have the person who the call is for pick up the lione on a phone in another room. Section 102.56.1 Default Setting is "All intercom and co lines are private." I don't want them to be private. Section 102.56.2 Description says, "Factory default settings provide privacy for all intercom and CO line calls. These calls may not be monitored or interrupted by other stations. If your Class of Service allows it, the Privacy Release and Voice Over Busy features are available to you, as determined by your programmed Class of Service. You may use those features to override the privacy feature.

Section 102.57 Privacy Release has two subdivisions. 102.57.1 says that the default setting is disabled. Section 102.57.2 Description says, "Privacy Release may be enabled on a system-wide basis to allow multiple users to join a conversation on busy CO lines. When Privacy Release is enabled through programming you may press a busy CO line button at an idle telephone to join that conversation... THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT.

102.57.2 continues..." Your programmed Class of Service determines whether you have access to Privacy Release. If your COS is equal to or greater than that of the station engaged in the conversation on the CO line you will be allowed to join the conversation."

What I need to find out, among other things, is:

How to I find out what the Class of Service is for all the phones and set it at a level which will allow anyone using any idle phone to pick up a busy CO line and join in the conversation? or, in the alternative,

How to I change the Privacy default setting to make all intercom and CO lines NOT private?

Thanks for your patience and your help.

John

Reply to
John

REMEMBER THAT FREE ADVICE ON THE INTERNET IS WORTH EVERY PENNY YOU PAID FOR IT......

Oh, I see now. I don't know what book you have, but I have the Installation & Maintenance Manual Feature Package 2 which is 206 pages.

I'm either going to help you or hurt you. Under seperate cover is a pdf of the single page of the programming manual. If you can walk up to your display phone, press FEATURE #* and dial six ZEROES as the password and the SHOW softkey and it says SYSTEM TYPE, then you can get into the programming database.

The NEXT softkey will display 1. STATION.

If all the above is true, then you are on your way to programming/screwing up your own DHS system :-).

Get comfortable with the keys and moving around in the database because I don't think much happens until you press SAVE or the HOLD button. Softkeys are usually used for BACK NEXT or CHG.

If you have any more questions, Please take it to e-mail.

Carl Navarro P.S. I ALMOST attached this to the group but I came to my senses :-)

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Many thanks to Carl Navarro, who generously provided me with the help I needed to reprogram my father's Vodavo StarPlus DHS telephone system. You are a credit to your industry, Carl, and serve as a fine example for others to follow.

Thanks again.

John

Reply to
John Sanders

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.