Vodavi Keysets

Are vodavi keysets sp 1414 usable with the starplus sts ksu using 3500 keysets? I have a starplus spd1428 ksu and want to upgrade to starplus sts using inskin voicemail. Art @ mc992118 at omni cast dot net

Reply to
mc99218
Loading thread data ...

Welcome to the reason I dislike Vodavi.

No. The SPD systems aren't compatible with any of the ollder or newer sets. Nor is the old analog compatible with the newer stuff or the DHS with the STS.

That makes 3 sets of non-compatible systems in about 7 years.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Thanks How do you feel about inter-tel or panasonic? Art

Reply to
mc99218

There are some exceptions, but the Panasonic KX-T phone you bought 15 years ago will work on the TDA system you buy today.

You won't be very happy if you bought a Pana DBS system or any of the InterTel early stuff.

My particular gripe about Vodavi is that there is very little of the product in the secondary market, and it is not interchangable. The bigger players in the market (Mitel, Nortel, Avaya) still have a source of parts for your SX-200 Superset IV/Meridian Sl-1/Merlin/Legend system.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.