USB phones ?

Does anyone have experience, good or bad, with phone handsets that plug into a USB port? I have a spiffy little laptop with all known forms of network connection but the speakers are poor and the microphone vestigial. A nice USB handset should be just the ticket.

I realize there are phones like the Grandstream that include their own network interface, but I'm looking for USB here, to work with software like Vonage's that runs on my PC particularly in hotels and WiFi hotspots where you have to do something on the PC first to get the network to turn on.

TIA

Reply to
John R. Levine
Loading thread data ...

About a year or so ago I've picked up a Yap USP Phone

formatting link
at Staples for $9.99 (from their garbage discount rack) with $10 Net2Phone calling card inside. Best deal ever. They are still sold on eBay, obviously, but maybe your local Staples is still trying to get rid of those? Don't expect quality from the cheaply made phone though. One thing that frustrates me: when you hold it in your hand and accidentally (gently) squeeze it, it makes lousy squeaking noises, heard to you and your party. But hey, for a -1 cent phone I don't complain.

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.