Callserve // USB - RJ11?

Search under "USB to RJ11";you'll get a lot of hits. The problem is that most are as expensive as a USB phone handset such as

formatting link
handset is also digital and bypasses your sound card) This is the Cyberphone K. cheaper than the dialless model sold elsewhere (e.g. the callserve site)

There is an inexpensive handset ($15/free shipping) which is identified as speakers/mike and mutes your PC speakers when in use.

formatting link
Both have excellent sound quality but neither allows another phone to be attached.

Note the other hardware on the sipphone site. They include router/sip combos and sip adapters which do allow analog phone attachment. I'm not sure they will work with callserve.

Your best bet is to check the callserve site and grab one of the handsets that they sell on their site.

Reply to
Pepperoni
Loading thread data ...

Group:

I'm just dipping my toes in the VoIP bathtub at present.

I've been using Callserve and their softphone application - and getting impressive results.

I'd like to be able to use a standard analogue handset rather than mic + speakers / headset. Can anyone suggest a USB - RJ11 adaptor that would appear to Windows as speakers + mic, but allow me to plug in a spare analogue handset. Even better if I could dial from it. The solution must work with Callserve.

Having just moved from the UK to the US (for the love of a good woman!) I'm a bit cash constrained at the moment, so I'm not looking for the high end solutions (unless they're inexpensive!)

Your suggestions?

Best

D
Reply to
Den

I'm not sure such a beast exists. To use a true ordinary analogue telephone with VoIP, you'd need an ATA - I'm currently using the Grandstream ATA-486

formatting link
with Sipgate
formatting link
- might be useful to you if you need to call/be called from the UK, it gives you a UK number) and it works well, although I haven't seen Callserve, it should work fine once correctly configured. The advantage is your PC doesn't need to be on.

Sorry, I think it's the only way that allows what you want. There is a device called the Cyberphone that plugs into USB but it won't allow you to dial out from it, you'd need to use a softphone.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

I don't know if it works with callserve, but usb-rj11 can be done with

formatting link
, look at the VTA1000. It works very well!

Yours

Henning

Reply to
Henning Fuglsang Sørensen

But it completely defeats the object of a hardware ATA in that you have to have a PC running while using it.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.