Panasonic KX-t7633 "Message" button question

We have our integrator in programming our phone system with a TVA50 voicemail system. There's a button on the T7633 handsets called "message" which I feel should be our easy access to our voicemail. The installer is telling me I have to hit "intercom, 500" to get to my voicemail. Can someone tell me if it is possible to get the "message" button to bring the user to their voicemail box. This seems like it is the intended function of this button. Clearly our installers need a little help from the customer on this one.

Many thanks.

Roveer

Reply to
Roveer
Loading thread data ...

Is the message light lit? It might be a convenience to you to press the message light and go to voice mail, but I have a lot of cutomers where it would be a PITA. You could program one of the 24 or 36 buttons for VM access (program, button, 2 500, store), but it is seldom used after you set up the voice mail box.

Your vendor may not have been clear, but try this:

If you have a message, press the message button and it will display who sent it to you, then pick up the handset or press the speaker phone button and you will go to that person or voice mail.

If you want to access voice mail directly, dial 500 on the intercom.

My guess is the installer is doing just fine.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.