Mitel SX200 CPN Substitution

LW 19.3 PRI

Anyone know of a way to do more than 10 CPN Subs? I have 20 tenants on a

200, and I need to sub all 20 did ranges.

Oh... and were upgrading to PRI on our SX2000 ML... I haven't seen the CDE for the PRI... are there subs for that?

Thanks!

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III
Loading thread data ...

I don't have my ISDN docs handy Dave, but whatever the max CPN substitutions is, it's not expandable. If you have more than one ISDN span you could always build some class of restriction (or interconnect restriction) to funnel part of your tenants toward one hybrid and the rest toward another. In that way you could effectively double the number of available CPN subs. More work sure, but possibly a means to an end.

Both the SX2K and the SX200 PRI ISDN software is built from the same core, both running on vxWorks. Features and limits will therefore be similar, if not identical.

Reply to
wdg

Really...That may or may not answer a question I had about a large mitel system I bought that I'll probably need to reset the password on. Now I know there are a number of ways to run VxWorks, both with a visible file structure or without. Can the SX-200 be stopped at a boot monitor prompt (like VxWorks based systems normally can be) and a file in the filesystem modified or deleted to rid it of passwords? If so, which one is it?

I've done this before on other systems from other manufacturers.

Reply to
K8JLF

On the SX-200ICP almost immediately after POST there's a 10-sec pause (even an onscreen prompt with a 10-sec countdown) where you can hit any key to interrupt it. I dunno about the file structure or if you can do any tinkering, but you can definitely interrupt the boot process. That's how you get in to set the network IP parameters. Type the "@" symbol followed by the [enter] key to resume booting.

When you find out, let us know ;-)

Reply to
wdg

Dave, we just today did some upgrades to several of our PRI cards for our SX2K "farm". You might be interested to learn that in the most recent PRI card loads that TWO HUNDRED (200) cpn subs are now supported. I'll have to look at the docs to see what load of switch s/w is supported. Your LW19 box is surely OK, but your SX2K box may need that long overdue upgrade.

Reply to
wdg

It took me a year to convince the guys who sign my check to go PRI .. .. they see no reason to update the Lightware... the 29.q40 we have seems to work just dandy. Although, I finally came across an old letter - one that got Outlook moved to a folder I never checked - with a good reason to go to

31 :)

Dave

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III

Dave, all you need to do is get that machine up to LW30 Rls 1-UR1 (R14.1) whereupon all future software releases are thereafter NO CHARGE! You can also do multi-stream upgrades all at once without having to step through each major stream. There was also a new processor that came along, MC-IIIE, which would be highly recommended and of course is available via the secondary market fairly cheap.

I recall reading somewhere in the release notes for PRI 8.3 that LW31 is the minimum requirement. LW33 dot something is the latest release for the SX2K.

So, now that your rains have stopped, how much did you get?

Reply to
wdg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.