SX2000 to SX200 T1 Tie Line

I am totally befuddled...

We have 2 dry pair between 2 buildings running 3 blocks to the b box then a block back. Some time ago, I used 2 csu's (verilink) and sucessfully linked a DS1 on the 2000 to the DS1 on the 200. The tie line worked wonderfully.

Then we added flash transfer on our channelized T1 at the 2000 and didn't need the tie line. So I took it down and let the 2 pair sit idle.

Now that we've gone PRI and the SX2000 doesn't support 2BCT, I need to get the tie line back up.

I toned out my pairs, hooked up Adtran csu's at leach end, looped the premise side, and the Adtrans seemed happy. When I loop the far end, the DS1 in the SX2000 goes out of alarm. But when I hook up the SX200 DS1 side, they don't sync up.

If I recall, I think we used T1 E&M immediate/immediate. But that doesnt seem to work. There is an option on the 2000 for T1 Loop/Tie, but I can't find an equivilent descriptor on the 200 to support T1 Loop/Tie. I'm using DSX-1 at the 2000 and T1 CSU on the 200.

Even though the Adtrans look happy when looped, could they not be "robust" enough to handle the distance? I would have used Verilink, but I can only find one.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Dave

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III
Loading thread data ...

I put one Verilink I found in a pile of old stuff on the 200 side, and they finally synced up. So I guess it was the Adtran to Adtran arrangement.

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.