Looking for corded phone with advanced features

[ I apologize for this unglorified subject :-D ]

What I am looking for is just a regular CORDED phone for home. The kind that you would see in the office connected to the digital telephone system, with a bunch of one-touch dial buttons, large screen, phone book for at least 50 numbers that shows the person name and the number itself and built-in answering machine, but it should work with the regular telephone line in the US.

The only phone I found so far is

formatting link
It is somewhat expensive ( $266, you can still buy it even though it is no longer produced), and too large. I also don't need 3 lines.

It seems that no other phone like this exists on the market (there are similar, but none of them has built-in answering machine). And this brings me to the second part of the questions.

I believe something like that should be available in Japan. Does anyone know if their phone system is compatible with US ? If it does - can anyone recommend a company that does "unofficial" electronics import from Japan ? Kind of like DYNAMISM.COM (they don't deal with regular phones). Or maybe just point me to some Japanese website that ships to US. I don't speak Japanese at all, so it should have English version :-D

Reply to
John Doe
Loading thread data ...

Here are some others to look at:

formatting link
formatting link
You will have to deal with the ubiquitous "wall wart" for power.

Reply to
Justin Time

sOMEWHAT!

Have you tried ebahy?

(that must be Ebay with a Boston accent)

Reply to
Rick Merrill

None of them has built-in answering machine

Reply to
John Doe

Unfortunately, even if I get it from eBay, it won't take up less space on my desk :-D

Reply to
John Doe

John Doe wrote: ....

Get a wall-mount "Princess" phone (with cord).

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Well, now that everybody has beat this subject to death, let's look in the same church, but a different pew.

Without a service provider, the Vista 470 is probably what you want, except it has no answering machine :-)

Go get a Panasonic 100B for $39 and add the Vista 470 for about $109.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Nortel 9516. Unavailable new, but used on Ebay and other liquidation places. Aastra sells the same thing. Voicemail integrated with caller ID. There is no faster way of flying through your messages. It makes the telephone company's voicemail hopelessly ponderous. With the Nortel you delete your caller ID's WITH your messages when you are done with them. That way you don't have 2 lists to go through......your caller ID list and your voicemail list. Now if they could just figure out how to make an answering machine that answers the phone when you're already on the phone!

Reply to
That guy.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.