How to find the LEC for any given number?

I believe this is what you want - you enter NPA and NXX, and it outputs the City, Telco, and the serving office CLLI. One of my customers put me onto it and some other useful sites which I haven't used in so long that I lost the links.

Do a google search on "npa nxx telco" and you can find many more goodies.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey
Loading thread data ...

I am doing a site by remote site survey for a client and trying to find out all the individual telecom service providers. I have all the address and number info, but I can only verify about 60% with the bills accounting has provided me.

Is there a way I can find out who the provider is for any given local access number? I recall doing something similar for long distance once, but don't know if there is a reverse number lookup that will give me the carrier.

thanks in advance

Reply to
BMN

This should help....

formatting link
burris

Reply to
burris

Probably not.

The Local Calling Guide is the best free source of this kind of info that I know:

formatting link
It is quite accurate except for numbers that have been ported. If you really want to know who the serving carrier is, you need access to the LNP database. For example, I have a 607-330 number. If you look it up, the tables say Paetec which was correct until earlier this year when I ported it to Level3, but without checking LNP, there's no way you could tell.

R's, John

Reply to
John R. Levine

telcodata.us will decode NPA/NXX but won't help you if they've ported from an ILEC to a LEC or LEC to an ILEC or to a mobile operator.

- -

Reply to
Joseph

formatting link
An excellent one I came across in my searches.

Cheers

Reply to
BMN

very impressive... Can anyone confirm that it reports LNP numbers correctly?

Reply to
Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

Wow! That's a good one, thanks for the link! Certainly works for me.

##-----------------------------------------------##

Delivered via

formatting link
formatting link
no-spam access to your favorite newsgroup -

comp.dcom.telecom.tech - 1659 messages and counting!

##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
telecom-gear.com

It doesn't. I looked up my ported number and it reported the switch where it used to live, not the one where I ported it to.

Reply to
John R. Levine

It does not. I just tried a ported number, and while it provides info about porting eligibility, it did not point to the correct serving carrier (instead, it pointed to the originaly LEC serving taht number, before porting).

Reply to
Isaiah Beard

Same thing happened to me when I did my number.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.