Re: Verizon POTS

How long does it take for Verizon to install POTS?

> I have moved my mother to an apartment. The complex is not new, been > there for 10+years. The previous tenent had Verizon POTS. I called > Verizon for new service on 10/27. Got a tracking number. But it has > been 5 business days and no telephone service. Checked online using > tracking number but it shows "in progress", no date. Called customer > support, on hold for 45min. then gave up. > Any idea how long it takes?

Verizon is famous for having crappy outside plant records. For example, when I moved here in October, 2004 they swore up and down that service was hooked up. Plug in the phone and no dial-tone. No NID either.

So I open the terminal block, take out the butt set and start dialing the ANAC number on every pair. Not only did I find my pair, I found the NID for my apartment and the two weren't anywhere near each other, nor was the NID connected.

Called Verizon and told em' it was pair 14 and I wanted it hooked to my NID. The tech that came out had a good laugh, he said I'd stirred up a hornets nest inside Verizon's install/repair depot. Customers are NOT supposed to open terminal boxes.

But when said boxes are secured with 7/16" nuts, it isn't hard to get in.

Reply to
Tony P.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.