Re: Feds (Taxpayers) to Subsidize Digitial -> Analog TV Boxes

( no word in the press release as to how much power these will

> use. And they'll still badly mangle any attempt at recording.) > " ... WASHINGTON, D.C. > The Department of Commerce's National Telecommunications and > Information Administration (NTIA) announced today the final rule for > the Digital-to-Analog Converter Box Coupon Program (coupon program) > designed to help consumers continue receiving free, over-the-air > television when full-power television stations cease analog > broadcasting after February 17, 2009, as authorized in the Digital > Television Transition and Public Safety Act of 2005 (the Act). ... " > Starting Jan. 1, 2008, all U.S. households will be eligible to request > up to two $40 coupons to be used toward the purchase of up to two, > digital-to-analog converter boxes ... ... rest, including > clickthroughs to the technical announcement: >
formatting link

Thanks for the interesting tip.

Now how much will the box cost??? _____________________________________________________

Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key > snipped-for-privacy@panix.com > [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Mmm? Doesn't look encoded to me!-)

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: 'Double rot-13 encoded' is simply a joke. Actually, I have been thinking about 'double rot-13 encoding' this entire Digest each day. I presume Danny will explain how it has cut down on the spam which is dumped on him each day! :) PAT]
Reply to
Rick Merrill
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.