Question About NYS Tariffs re: Telco Paying For Building Power

Hoping someone here can point me to the right citation. As I understand it, the telephone utilities (and most others) in NYS have the right of eminent domain, meaning that they can, if they deem it necessary, simply grab space in your building to put their local distribution equipment.

On the other hand, they're supposed to (again, per my recollection) both pay some sort of negotiated "rent", and ... also pay for the electricity they use.

I'm pretty sure I've read stories about these battles, but can't find them now.

The case I'm specifically looking into has the telco using a large utility area and pulling about 5 kws -- which is quite enough to notice. And at this point they're getting that electricity for "free".

Anyone have some recommendations I can check into?

Thanks muchly,

_____________________________________________________ Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key snipped-for-privacy@panix.com [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: This message _almost_ was ditched in the spam bucket unread. Why? Well, because Danny did not use the SECRET WORD at the start of his subject line, and Spam Assassin got the idea -- I do not know why -- that it was 'spam' (secret word in the subject line would have eliminated all that guess work, since the message would have by-passed S.A. entirely -- and I found it only by chance in the automatic throw-away stuff, the first batch of mail which automatically gets tossed each day. If S.A. had 'thought' that it was real -- instead of spam/scam -- it would have pitched the letter into my 'maybe' pile; I would have been obliged to at least scan it, and would have recognized the name, etc and rescued it. Out of desparation I do not most days even bother to scan the mail which Spam Assassin has qualified. Please use the secret word in all messages, in the subject line. PLEASE! PAT]
Reply to
Danny Burstein
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.