Re: Nextel False Advertising

> I believe the NYS Attorney General recently hauled them into court for

>> false advertising. > If he did, he managed to do so without issuing a press release nor > without anyone in the media noticing, which is rather unlikely.

Sigh. It was NYC's Department of Consumer Affairs, as posted here in this very BBS:

Message is repeated here:

From: Danny Burstein Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:10:05 -0400 Subject: NYC's Consumer Affairs Suing Cellcos Re: False Adverts

"New York City Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) Acting Commissioner Jonathan Mintz today announced the agency has filed suit in New York Supreme Court against three major wireless companies for pitching cell phones and services in deceptive advertisements that misled consumers. DCA filed suit against Nextel Communications Inc., Sprint Spectrum L.P., and T-Mobile ... _____________________________________________________ Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key snipped-for-privacy@panix.com [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I _knew_ I had read it somewhere on the net about Nextel getting sued; my own newsgroup would be a good place to go looking, I guess ... IMO, Nextel is not very forthright about the distinctions between 'regular' cell phone service and their own thing, nor about how the word 'nationwide' is to be interpreted. PAT]
Reply to
Danny Burstein
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.