Re: Cellphone Dead? AA Batteries to the Rescue!

2 AA battery units at $1 store ...

David B. Horvath, CCP Information Technology -- Data Services ING DIRECT l 1 S. Orange St., Wilmington, DE, 19801 w - 302.255-3926 | f - | david.horvath@withheld

formatting link
| 1-800 ING DIRECT

PAT: Please obscure my email address. Name is OK.

By Clayton Collins, Christian Science Monitor

Cellphone-toters dread the sound: a hand-held device chirping its

> complaint, often far from home base, about needing to be recharged. > Now on the market: a lipstick-size brass canister that holds one AA > battery and offers reserve power. Run a short adaptor from the tip of > a Turbo Charge to your phone, and a blue light indicates that a charge > is flowing. You're back in business long enough to get to a plug -- the > device's maker, Voxred International, claims "up to 40 hours" of > standby time or two hours of talk, and touts patent-pending technology > that protects devices' batteries from damage. It is designed to work > with PDAs as well. > We tested Turbo Charge -- about $20 at stores including Best Buy,

OK, but devices like this (using 2 AA or AAA batteries) have been on the market for a while. My wife bought me one as a bit of a joke at the local $1 store. I doubt it had any special circuitry but I expect my phone to handle the charging details, not the power-source.

- David

Reply to
David B. Horvath, CCP
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.