Batteries

Tested a fire alarm system and it had batteries in it with a date of 1997. They still tested good with a Elk battery tester that tests for Mhos. These were 6.2 Ah batteries and read 123 Mhos. They were Carefree Magnum batteries. I replaced them anyway because of the age although I kinda didn't want to. Now a days I am lucky to get 2-3 years with a battery. I got some elk batteries last year on sale at ADI and have had 5 or 6 go bad already. Can anyone beat that battery story? 12 year old batteries that were still good! Found a link for them

formatting link
made by EaglePicher now. wonder if they are still as good? is this the brand that was in the Hubble that lasted so long?

Reply to
Kid
Loading thread data ...

There are only a few actual manufacturers of batteries these days, more than likely those Magnum's were made by the same company that made Elk that made Panasonic etc etc

Reply to
mleuck

I have had a lot of Yuasa before they became Yuasa/Enersys, that lasted ten years.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Eagle Picher makes battery for the US military too.

Reply to
A.J.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.