Re: Cell Phone Radiation Dangers

Dean wrote:

>> A while back some on this list engaged in a lively debate about cell >> phone radiation risks. This article may have some information of >> interest to those of you who think this issue isn't dead yet. >> The cell phone industry: Big Tobacco 2.0? >> By Molly Wood, senior editor, CNET.com >> Tuesday, March 8, 2005 > Oh, C|Net. Now we KNOW it's quality journalism. > Consider that Ms. Wood readily admits she has an agenda (she has an > axe to grind with cell phone manufacturers over what she perceives as > "iron-clad control over phone releases and pricing, its > ever-lengthening contracts, and the annoying habit it has of crippling > Bluetooth phones so that [she] can't use them the way [she wants] > to"). I would thus take this with a heavy handful of salt. > E-mail fudged to thwart spammers. > Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.

OK OK, I'm not saying there's anything absolutely definitive in that article. But it seems certainly prudent to use a headset and try to keep the antenna at a certain distance -- just as she suggests toward the end of the article. (although I think I read somewhere that the cord of the headset can have some adverse effect too - one can only take so many precautions and still be reasonable:-)

Regards,

Dean

PS As for Ms Wood's honesty, I am certainly not qualified to offer an opinion (haven't read her enough). But the evidence you mention is hardly enough to dismiss her as biased. If I had to guess, I would say that her grievances are shared by the vast majority of people interested in telecom, and I don't think too many of us want to see phone manufacturers brought to their knees by unwarranted lawsuits.

Reply to
Dean
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.