Re: Technion

This afternoon I rushed into the room to answer a call on the third

> ring. "This is Tell Nants calling on behalf of Bell South in regards > to telemarketing. Sorry we missed you. If you have any questions, > call 1-866..." > It's pretty bad when somebody programs a robot to call homes and hang > up without saying what it's about. > The call came from 954 443 9404, which is Technion Communications. On > the web I've found complaints that their telemarketing robots will > bombard a Bell South customer day after day. Apparently the law > doesn't apply if the victim has a business relationship with the > client, in this case Bell South. > Two hours later I found a similar message on my answering machine, > again telling me to call Bell South at the 866 number. Because the > robot was programmed start speaking immediately, I didn't get the > whole message. That could lure the victim into calling in case it was > important. (On the web I've found a document where Technion argues to > the FCC that the law doesn't apply if they can lure the victim into > making the call.) > It seems like harassment to me. Can I do anything to stop it? > Choreboy

Give em a dose of their own medicine:

Get a cheap PC and a cheap modem, and set up a script to repeat dial the 800 number over and over and over, with a recorded message saying that auto dial robots are illegal.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But _your_autodial robot is _also_ illegal. People have tried that, thinking they would not get caught, but they do get caught, and frequently punished, sometimes severely.
Reply to
sean
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.