New Cell Phone - Really Cool Tools

Well, I had to get a new cell phone in order take advantage of the Chaperone features on my tech phones. Didn't want to. My old candybar phone was practically bullet proof. Oh well.

I noticed that the power port for charging on the phone is the same size and shape as the mini USB connector that connects my camera to my PC. That got me looking. I discovered that Motorola has a program available called Mobile Phone Tools that will allow me to connect my phone to my PC and enter all my contacts from the keyboard. Talk about fast. Took me about fifteen minutes to manually enter all the contacts, important clients, tech support numbers, etc onto my new phone. I could have done it even faster except that I had to keep turning the display back on for my old phone to read them.

I may actually make use of Outlook as a phone book in the future too. I can directly copy stuff to and from my Outlook address book. Its kinda neat. Not all of the features of MBT 4.0 were available for my phone, but just that one was more than worth the $6 it cost me to buy and download it.

Now to see if I can copy my client names and numbers from the CS to my Outlook. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

I have that with my VCast phone, bought the software from DBL at half what the store sell it for. I also have a 1gig mem card in my phone that I use to take pix of rough-in wiring when we bury stuff for speakers and keypads and stuff. Go home, print them out and put in the job folder for when we trim-out. I also leave copies in the phone expansion card in case I forget the folder. The card stores almost 1000 pix, so it's really cool and a great time saver.

I also just bought a cheap GPS to go with my new laptop, I can import all my client info out of Outlook so I can have it with me...and maybe with the GPS I won't get lost as much! $80.00 for GPS with street level software...figured it was cheap enough to play with and dang if it doesnt work well!

tecknowlogy!...love it.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I have been printing the Mapquest map along with the basic client info for years so techs can't use getting lost for an excuse for taking five hours to change a battery.

I think I'm really gonna like this cell phone Chaperone feature too.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Yep...I do the same. Mapquest or Google Map in every folder.

| > I also just bought a cheap GPS to go with my new laptop, I can import all | > my | > client info out of Outlook so I can have it with me...and maybe with the | > GPS | > I won't get lost as much! $80.00 for GPS with street level | > software...figured it was cheap enough to play with and dang if it doesnt | > work well! | >

| > tecknowlogy!...love it. | | I have been printing the Mapquest map along with the basic client info for | years so techs can't use getting lost for an excuse for taking five hours to | change a battery. | | I think I'm really gonna like this cell phone Chaperone feature too. | | -- | Sincerly, | The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from. | Bob La Londe | | The Security Consultant | Bob La Londe - Owner | 849 S Ave C | Yuma, Az 85364 | | (928) 782-9765 ofc | (928) 782-7873 fax | | Licensed Contractor | ROC103044 & ROC103047 | | | | -- | Posted via a free Usenet account from

formatting link
|

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.