Re: Beware of the Dot

>> In article , Monty Solomon

>> wrote: >>> Wireless companies and phone makers say water damage is a common >>> problem with cellphones >> So why haven't the cellphone makers done something to fix the problem? >> It's not that hard to make a phone that'd take some water without >> breaking. >>
formatting link
> Just want to add this ongoing anecdote. My 15 year old son's Samsung > phone has now been through our Maytag washer's full cycle 3 times and > through the dryer at least once. We put it in the sun or toaster oven > for an hour and it starts working again 100%. Just ordered a new > battery for it as the family tries to wait out our commitment to our > wireless carrier for another 6 months.

Verizon appears to have finally given up on getting me to buy a new phone. I'm still on my first cellphone (Nokia 5185i) and I see no reason to "upgrade" to anything else.

Reply to
ellis
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.