How Do I Detect the Number of a Phone Line?

Hey. I am going to be running a few new phone lines into my building. I have the TS21 Harris test set, but I want to be able to see what the number is on the line that I am testing. I have seen this done before, but i am not sure how. I want to do this so that I am sure that I do not cross any lines. I will be running the lines and testing them. I know how to test for tone, polarity and all of that stuff. I just want to be able to see what the phone number is coming in on that line.

Please help.

Thanks

Jason

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: In most communities there is a phone number one can call which will recite back to you the number you are on. The number to dial changes from one community to another, and itself is frequently changed. (It is intended only for telco outside plant technicians to use.) If you check with Mike Sandman snipped-for-privacy@sandman.com or
formatting link
he also has an 800 number set up to do the same thing. You dial into the 800 number; it reads back your number to you. And there are other 800 numbers doing the same thing, but I forget what they are. PAT]
Reply to
jason.sandlin
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.