For Lack of a Single Quote Mark, I Almost Went Crazy

(But some readers would say there is no 'almost' about it, and the condition is permanent and in effect all the time.)

Do you recall reading here the other day where I asked for what I thought should be a simple problem of creating a multiple-choice user-selectable media player should be a simple job; yet the one I had installed on a web site was, frankly, confused. I thought it maybe had to do with code in the web page about 'on change select' etc. Well, it did ... but nothing so esoteric as having the wrong class ID or player type or name for the player. One of the simple OPTION value choices had a typo in it; if you open the OPTION choice with a 'single quote mark' (as a way of enforcing what it is you want the choice to be) you have to remember to close the OPTION choice with another single (functioning as) 'close quote' mark also. I had failed to properly proof-read my work! When that OPTION (or choice) was made, the comptuter was reading it in, but did not know to _stop_ reading after that URL. The computer reading on and on and on after that URL was causing some hassles. I saw that lack of a single quote mark, inserted it, and bingo! The player started correctly playing, promptly switched selections from one (never-ending stream; i.e. radio station) choice to another. I feel so dumb sometimes ... If you wish to review my work on it or comment otherwise, please go to:

formatting link

Reply to
TELECOM Digest Editor
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.