Dealing with Vonage

PAT - please remove my email address -- too much SPAM.

I signed up with Vonage a while ago (taking advantage of PAT's offer). I decided that I wasn't using it enough (plenty of minutes with free LD on my cell) and tried to cancel.

I called on 3/18, sat on call for at least half an hour, got transferred to regular customer service who could not take the cancelation order. I was given a tracking ticket and a promise that I'd get a call back in a day or two. At the same time I also requested cancellation using their web page.

I finally called again on 3/24, sat on hold for a while and finally was connected to the "retention department". It took about 5 minutes (mostly on hold) to handle the actual cancellation. The clerk was very helpful. When I mentioned my 3/18 call, she told me that they had over 3,000 tickets in queue waiting for calls back and that it was "a staffing issue" (they need more people).

- David

David B. Horvath, CCP Consultant, Author, International Lecturer, Adjunct Professor Member: ICCP Educational Foundation Board and ICCP Test Council; Chair of LPR&GC CMP

Reply to
David B. Horvath, CCP
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.