Ongoing Vonage problems

I've been having problems with my vonage account since Friday ( 4 days) and wanted to share my dissapointing experience and see if others had similar problems On Friday I could not call my vonage number and recieved a variety of message deprnding on what phone line I used to call in. Basicaly they al said " sorry can't reach teh number dialed try again" I then called Vonage's tech support only to get the voice message "everybody is busy call later"after no other options so I try teh 7X24X365 online assistant who telld me to call the 800# and I again get "everybody is busy call later"after no other options so I finally call and use teh option to open an account and after demanding teh person either get me tech support or cancel my account I waited for 40 minutes to get to a barely understandable help desk person in Mexico who told me this was a known Problem they are dealing with. I asked why it wasn't on their webpage or emailed to me and other users.

Well things started working sometime saturday and now about half the times I get an incoming call I cannot hear the caller so rather than call vonage I simply stste that I have a crappy Vonage account and they need call a couple of times before I can actually hear them

I was so high on Vonage when I first got it a few months ago but this experience has me wanting out and telling people to stay away Anyone had similar experiences? BOb

Reply to
Boborann
Loading thread data ...

I signed up for vonage 2 months ago and have never been able to talk to people I call. I can recieve calls and hear and talk normal. Every time I call and wait 25-45 min. I get an answer to talk to my ISP. When I talk to my ISP ( hughes.net) they tell me that my service is above average. I finally got fed up and called to cancell and they tell me if I cancel I have to pay 139 dollars (before 3 months) If I wait another month it will only be 39 dollars. I think this is rotten since I have never been able to make any calls. I would never recommend this service to ANYBODY. Especialy Hughes satillite users.

Reply to
bhamm4254

Cell phone to your Voip provider and have them wait for a "call" from you on "their" "service". You have to prove to them that your outgoing calls are going into the bit bucket.

Reply to
Rick Merrill

[...]
[...]

Yeah, residential satellite 'broadband' and VOIP really don't go together, I'm surprised neither Vonage nor Hughes bothered to tell you that.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

I wonder if that's what he meant when Vonage said "talk to your ISP" - I suspect that they understand the issue and sent him off to Hughes for help...which isn't going to be much help because of the nature of the connection...

-Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Adams

Had the same problem today. When I recieved a call message kept saying it was not an active phone number. Called customer service and spoke to a nice woman in India, what she said I don't know, couldn't undertstand a word she said. Finally hung up on me. Great customer service Vonage has.

James

Reply to
James

I agree, this company is definitely is not the people's champion :)

I joined them 6 months ago, nothing was mentioned about the cancellation fee. I'm sure if you go through the entire literature, you might find a small mention somewhere. But come on man, play by ethics, something like this has to be mentioned up ahead.

1) Now I'm required to pay a cancellation fee 2) None of their phone numbers give you an option to cancel. You have to finally reach a customer service rep who would give another number to call. When I called this numbe I had to wait more than half hour before they answered.

I would never trust a company who plays games like this. A DEF> I signed up for vonage 2 months ago and have never been able to talk to

Reply to
AndyP

I agree, this company is definitely is not the people's champion :)

I joined them 6 months ago, nothing was mentioned about the cancellation fee. I'm sure if you go through the entire literature, you might find a small mention somewhere. But come on man, play by ethics, something like this has to be mentioned up ahead.

1) Now I'm required to pay a cancellation fee 2) None of their phone numbers give you an option to cancel. You have to finally reach a customer service rep who would give another number to call. When I called this numbe I had to wait more than half hour before they answered.

I would never trust a company who plays games like this. A DEF> I signed up for vonage 2 months ago and have never been able to talk to

Reply to
AndyP

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.