A look back at 2011 [telecom]

Well, it's that time of year again, and I've been going over the statistics from The Telecom Digest for 2011. There have been some surprises, and I'll share a few thoughts about them and about the direction The Telecom Digest will take during 2012.

Perhaps the biggest surprise was realizing that I haven't done a good job of encouraging new readers to contribute: I looked at the number of posts from each author, and was surprised to find that a handful of contributors had sent in the lion's share of posts. I'm going to be actively promoting contributions from new authors and from those who have been less active in the past.

Toware that end, I'm going to seek feedback from the readers on a regular basis; I'll be putting out a survey in the next couple of days that will give the readers a chance to tell me their opinions, both on the things they like or don't like about the Digest, and on my performance as Moderator. I'm hopeful that it will be a productive way to gain insights into the topics that we need to emphasize, and the areas that aren't as important to the readers as I'd thought.

Lastly, I will be making some technical changes at the Digest, both in response to readers' suggestions and to my own. These enhancements will allow me to spend less time on "administrivia" and more on actually moderating.

I hope you all have a happy and productive new year.

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
Telecom Digest Moderator
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.