some advice.

Hi All, Installing a veritas 8c in the morning and I have to connect a smoke detector and a panic button. Does the 8c take these ? and if so what connections do I use. Not being thick just never been asked for these two items before. T.I.A Micky.

Reply to
Sandy Savage
Loading thread data ...

Hi People . Is there no answer to this?

T.I.A

Micky.

Reply to
Sandy Savage

Surely the manual will tell you. I would be surprised if the PA wasn't supported. The smoke detector will depend on a) the voltage b) is it NC or NO contacts in alarm, you may need to get a changeover relay for this.

Reply to
SantaUK

The 8c will definitely take a panic button, and will take a smoke detector too. I would reccomend that you fit a texecom smoke detector, and you will find that the wiring instructions for the detector match those of the 8c panel, down to the reccomended wire colour to use. Being a 12v powered detector, the texecom can be powered from the panel using a 6 core wire. 2 cores for the switch (normally closed), 2 cores for +12v and 0v, and 2 cores for tamper if required. The 2 switch wires (normally red and black) are wired to the zone in the panel. Panic buttons are simply switches. All you need to do is wire up the button using 2 wires to the appropriate zone in the 8c panel. You may additionally want to connect the tamper wires to the panel if you have 4 core cable. You must then configure the panel for for fire and panic zones appropriately. Since they are both 24 hour zone types, they should trigger the alarm even when it is not full or part set. To test the smoke detector, set the panel into walk test mode, and press the button on the detector. You should hear the matching number of beeps for the zone the detector is wired to.

Reply to
Sean

Thank you Sean.

I am using a texecom fire detector.

Kind Regards Micky.

Reply to
Sandy Savage

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.