DVR or Timelapse VCR

I am debating whether to purchase a DVR or a Timelapse VCR for my CCTV system. Obviously price wise the VCR is a best option, but what is the real pros and cons of each?

Reply to
Lawrence Zarb
Loading thread data ...

DVR = Picture quality

Reply to
BIG NIGE

as Big Nige says DVR all the way VCR is old tech and it shows DVR units have came down in price a lot the last year or two Think about it, you need MUX and VCR when you do the costings now it isn't as cheap an option What sort of system have you?Don't scrimp on Cameras either as quality in gets quality out. If you'd like a price e-mail me direct

Reply to
a

I've got 4 external cameras connected to a quad processor. Also I have a time stamp generator with VCR activation connected to a standard VCR..

Im'm just looking for a budget DVR...

Reply to
Lawrence Zarb

There are plenty of budget DVR options on the market. Make sure you go for the best recording resolution you can afford as some of the very cheap ones have a low quality recording to save on HDD space. I would also advise at least 8 channel DVR to allow for future expansion.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

When you talk of best resolution its the Frame per second you are referring to, is it?

Reply to
Lawrence Zarb

No, the FPS is the speed the DVR records. The resolution should be given in pixels.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.