This group

Over the next few weeks I am going to try to revive this group, will some one else help? Writing a list of questions at the minute. I have also arranged a couple of training courses with Texecom and Visonic, will let you all know how these go. If you want to know that is.

Kind Regards

Micky. Leeds uk.

P.S excuse the spelling I have lost my specs and I can't get my spell checker to work when replying on the news groups.

Reply to
Micky Savage
Loading thread data ...

Good luck but what exactly did you have in mind seems the only questions asked in my 12mths of watching have regarded Intruder alarms. We cover all aspects of security including door entry/access,gates/barriers door etc . Happy to help if I can.

CJ Gtr Manchester

Reply to
cj

I had no access to this group for a long while. I will help out if I can.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Hi Fella's,

Sorry not been back to you been busy.

I hope to ask questions on our trade all topics. I think if questions are asked people will respond. I install alarmm systems, but don't know everything.I hope others will be the same. It might be a flop but who knows. I only use two types of system and I know them quite well, these being powermax + and Texecom, I for one would like to know about other panels.Also to find out what trainning is available, I have just done a course with Powermax, and it was not only free but very good.

I have organised another with Texecom next month in Bury again free.

Will start the ball rolling tonight.

Thanks again Chaps .

Hope this works..

Kind Regards.

Micky Leeds Uk.

Reply to
Micky Savage

Hi Micky,

Great to see someone trying to do something to revive this group. Let me know what you need and I 'll try to help.

BTW compacted OE folders a while ago and lost newsgroups. took nearly 2 months to get them back.

Reply to
Paul

Micky

Reply to
Micky Savage

So what is this group about or it's aims. ?

I'm, looking for a cheapish security camera IP cam to watch for wildlife in the garden

24/7 and record it on my Mac computer..... I have a basic setup now using a swann IP cam but I'd like something a bit better i.e being able to focus and zoom, but perhaps this isn't the place to ask.

Reply to
davew

I deal mostly with higher end CCTV stuff. There are low cost standalone

4 channel DVR systems that will record movement which is better for your situation. Watching endless hours of trees moving in the breeze doesn't affect a DVR. 4 cameras, 4 different angles...might be nice for you.

Jim Rojas

davew wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Hi You don't say where you are but if in UK Have a look at SystemQ

formatting link
do a mid range PTZ network system or a nice home network system.

HTH CJ

Reply to
cj

Chhers but sounds a bit too expensive to be honest, I don't need aDVR I have at least two computers that I can use, and do presently use one with a IP webcam. I have build my own mightligh from standard IR LED's which cost about 15p each + a power supply box and ligth sensor for under £15 compared to the £100 IR stotlights I've seen. I run the camera for most of teh day and night using motion detection via software and get anything from a few mins to 10s of mins worthwhile 'action' I use quicktime to edir the movies ending up with MP4 files about 10Mb each.

What I'd like is a IP webcam that I can focus and is wireless. Eventually ||I might have a few camera set up, but I'm not willing to pay more than £150 per camera. I was amazed at the extra cost of weatherproof cams so I put an indoor webcam my swann IP in a box from poundshop and cut a hole for the lense, and it's been working virtually none stop since before Xmasm, I don't see why I need to spend £200+ .

Also I work in an elctronics lab where we are thinking of having security camera so there's a 'work' interest here too and I might even be able to convince someone here to invest a little a versitle setup.

Perhaps this group is a bit too pro for what I need to do. cheers anyway. shoe-string dave ;-)

Reply to
davew

bit expensive I recon for my needs I like in London East,

Reply to
davew

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.