Can't address pull stationsight 5808 on Silent Knight panel.

Can't address pull stationsight 5808 on silent Knight panel.

Boy, am I frustrated!!.. Manual says just hook unit to 2 terminals named SLC program, follow menu instructions and the unit is programmed. I keep getting "connecting to device" but it never does!!

What am I doing wrong?

I have the correct +on SLC on panel and SLC on Unit. I have the pull station address set for 1.

Any suggestions for what I can do?

PS Silent Knight tech support closed for Easter today. Thanks

Reply to
paul
Loading thread data ...

What's the model number of the pull station? Are there any other devices with the same address setting? Have you observed the correct polarity and are you getting voltage at the pull station terminals?

Reply to
Frank Olson

Model number of pull station is SD 500 Ps This is a new panel. I am tryiny to set 1 pullstation to address 1. I have verified correct polarity The panel has 3 sets of SLC terminals. =2E..SLC in (I am not using) =2E..SLC out (I am not using at this time. Manual sys to connect to SLC Program to address) =2E..SLC Program. IO am using these terminals Side Note: I do not have voltage at SLC Program terminals but I do have voltage on SLC Progam terminals

Reply to
paul

Connect the pull station to the SLC "out" terminals. Observe proper polarity. You won't have a problem.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Sorry Frank, that doesn's work either.

All I need to do is set the address on 16 smoke detectors SD 505 APs And 13 Pullstations SD 500 Ps. Manual says connect to SLC Program terminals and follow menu to set address. Keeps saying " No device found " when I try to read it or "Connecting" when I try to write it. I have wasted all day on this problem. AAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
paul

Any way for you to send me the manual?

Reply to
Frank Olson

Genius..... You Don't "address" SK pull Stations via the SLC program Port on the Panel! They are either made as a Standard Pull with NO SD500 MIM (mini input module) or With the MIM preinstalled on the back of the Pull. If it's not there, You need to provide MIM for each of your Pulls -----UNLESS they are preinstalled with the Pull---- There is NO DATA being sent from an SK pull--- they are merely Point Addressable Inititating Devices--- Programmed via the "DIPS" on the MIM!

Frank Ols>> >>> snipped-for-privacy@resi-tech.com wrote:

Reply to
secure15

Ok Genius responder, I already figured the pulls out. I used the dip switches to program them. I still need to know how to program the smokes. They don't have dip switches!!!

Reply to
paul

Any "Genius" tech who goes out into the field with a New Panel and doesn't know how to program it .........??????? Who wants to hold his hand????

Reply to
secure15

Maybe he didn't have a choice. (employer says: "Here, go install this today.") Having a bad day Mike? :-)

Reply to
alarman

Scary.

Reply to
G. Morgan

OK Secure15,

1. I am not in the field. I am setting the panel up in the office BEFORE I take it out for install.
  2. I have never installed a Silent Knight Panel.
  3. The only reason I posted for help is because tech support is closed today.
  4. I don't care for your sacarasm (genius referance)

1. If you don't have something positive to contribute why don't you just not respond? Why go out of your way to insult someone who is simply asking if anyone can help.

Since you didn't respond about the smoke detector, I assume you don't know either.

Reply to
paul

Wire up a base to the SLC program terminals. Insert a new smoke detector in the base and use the front panel menu to "assign" it an address. Repeat as necessary using a different unused address for every new smoke. The SLC program terminals are only intended to assigning addresses to smokes/heats. You connect the field wiring to the SLC out terminals.

Pulls, monitor modules, control modules, etc get their addresses via dip switches.

We like to leave a base connected to the program terminals in case a tech needs to add or replace a smoke.

PS I hate SK addressable panels and consider them junk.

OK Secure15,

1. I am not in the field. I am setting the panel up in the office BEFORE I take it out for install.
  2. I have never installed a Silent Knight Panel.
  3. The only reason I posted for help is because tech support is closed today.
  4. I don't care for your sacarasm (genius referance)

1. If you don't have something positive to contribute why don't you just not respond? Why go out of your way to insult someone who is simply asking if anyone can help.

Since you didn't respond about the smoke detector, I assume you don't know either.

Reply to
Just Some Guy

Any you know that get a non junk rating? The only fire panels I see regularly are the Bosch 7024. Good for small jobs. They are just addressable, not analog addressable.

smokes/heats.

Reply to
Just Looking

I don't give a shit where you are setting it up. I can tell you never installed one I don't care if you care about my sarcasm Positive contribution? Who the f*ck made you the King? Don't assume I don't know about the smokes---I do>

GO FUCK OFF!

Reply to
secure15

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.