Question on Programming DCS PC5010

Programming a DCS PC5010 using DLS. Getting an error message "Access code #40 has been programmed but is not assigned to any partition". The only codes currently programmed are the Installer Code, Master Code, and Downloading Access Code. There are no User Access codes programmed. What code is Access Code #40 ? Any ideas on why I am getting the error?

Thanks

Reply to
TxNative
Loading thread data ...

Code 40 is the partition 1 master code.

Next to the user code you will see a few check boxes. Make sure partition one is selected.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Thanks for the help.

When I look at the "User Access Code" list, there is no code shown for Part

1 Master. When I input a code for Part 1 Master it shows up as Access Code #41 on the error log.

Could Access Code #40 be the "System Master" access code?

In the User Access Code List the box to the right of Systerm Master indicating Partition 1 is marked NO. However, it is grayed out and I can't get it to allow me to change it to YES.

If this is the code giving me the problem, I have been unable to find where to enable it for Part 1.

Reply to
TxNative

Give me a call. I can help you out better that way.

Jim Rojas (813) 884-6335 Cell

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Thanks for the help Jim. As you suggested, I reset everything and reprogrammed. Now there is no error message. Not sure what was causing the error earlier but it is gone now. I have compared printouts of both files and I can't find any difference in the programming. Thanks again for the help.

Reply to
TxNative

The data somehow got corrupted during the transfer. It's not uncommon.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.