Nasty Sunday

Twenty+ years of doing welfare checks on clients...today my worst fear was realized. Checking on neighbor/client's welfare, I found her dead on the floor - natural causes - Nasty Sunday.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®
Loading thread data ...

Sorry to hear that. Did she have a medical pendant?

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

No, it was at her house, she was house sitting a her son's house...also = a client. She wouldn't have had time anyway, I think she died on her = way from the bed to the floor, doesn't look like she moved after she hit = the floor...probably died instantly.

Sad..really shook me up too.. been trying do deal with this all day.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I have seen my share of death...mostly old friends or people I knew from the neighborhood dying from drug overdoses in NYC. After a few, you get use to it.

Jim Rojas

Sad..really shook me up too.. been trying do deal with this all day.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Sorry to hear what happened to you.Being in the fire service i have seen my share of death and grief. it is hard to get over it.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Me too, I'm from NY originally, but I never get used to it. I was an EMT = in NYC for a while, my wife is ER charge nurse...I think she's a little = more hardened to it than I am though.

I seem to have flash memory images burned into my personal RAM of every = doa I've ever seen. Still have images from 30 years ago.

house...also a=20

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Worst for me was a person I knew from the neighborhood who was usually high on drugs...robbed my wife at gunpoint of her engagment ring...about one month later he accidentially shoots himself in the groin...He was found dead on his sofa with my wife's ring on his pinky finger. He must have been there a few days...

Needless to say, I got the ring back a few weeks later, thanks to a some friends in the NYPD.

Jim Rojas

I seem to have flash memory images burned into my personal RAM of every doa I've ever seen. Still have images from 30 years ago.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Sorry to hear that, bud. At least you cared for her for all those years.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

I seem to have flash memory images burned into my personal RAM of every doa I've ever seen. Still have images from 30 years ago.

Might want to talk to somebody about that.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I just did...here.

house...also a

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Thanks man.

Hey, do you know if old 4140xmp has an internal event buffer? I don't = send o/c's unless resident is a snowbird...I wanted to see if I could = tell when she armed it last.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Gee, I don't know. I quickly looked through the 4140XMPT manual (note the "T") and found no reference to an event buffer so I kind of doubt it. Personally, I think you should try to let it go. You did what you could to help her while she was here. She's gone now and fretting over how and when it happened will only gnaw at you.

How old was she, by the way?

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Yah. You're right. She was about 78-80ish maybe.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D>=20

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hey, do you know if old 4140xmp has an internal event buffer? I don't send o/c's unless resident is a snowbird...I wanted to see if I could tell when she armed it last.

Sorta, it has a 10-day event buffer that erases after 10 days, you can view it with installer code + 0, it will read off the last 10 days of alarms, troubles etc but won't tell you when they happened.

You exit with installer code + off however when you do that it resets that buffer so it will be empty when you try getting back in, can't read it by downloading either

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I just wanted to know when it was armed...cause I didnt have panel = programmed to send o/c's - don't need alarm history.

In fact not sure I even want to know anymore, I'm trying to forget the = whole thing.

Thanks though.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

From what I've seen in the docs all it will tell you is what was set off but not when, very primative like the old DSC 1550/2550/3000 panels

In fact not sure I even want to know anymore, I'm trying to forget the whole thing.

Thanks though.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.