Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

adt compass software
For years I have had the adt version of compass on my computer and it crashed about 6 months ago and took it with it. I found my disk but it must have been laying on the floor board of a buss and it...

dsc gs3055-i
anyone else using the gs3055-i from dsc? i tried one today (that had otherwise been sitting around the office for the past few months) as a primary communicator (no phone line in the building)...

some people shouldn't have alarms...
http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/20090317/NEWS01/90317012

Siren question - 12V 1A enough?
Hi all, I have a linear corp alarm and want to buy an outdoor siren alarm - the specs on the alarm are 12V and 1A maximum, which equates to 12W (I think). All the sirens online appear to be 20, 30 or...

DSC Opinions Please
Hello all, (with reservations) Ok, I know the subject of this thread may be a bit challenging for some here but.............................. Due to circumstances beyond my control (which happens...

Talking keypads
Hi, I have a Gemini P9600 that I installed about 10 years ago. I have the RS-232 interface and wrote some Java code to log alarm events in a MySQL database and send email when alarms occur. It's...

WTB: ADT Focus 200P
Does anyone have one of these laying around? Thank you Jim Rojas

Security system goes off when door open
My house has a Vista-20P for more than 6 years. A couple of days ago, the LO BAT showed up on the keypad. After research on this forum, I was able to replace the battery. The old battery was UltraTech...

The kid has a new one
My kid and his buddy finished this one about a week ago. They did this one at an open mic and got a standing ovation. What'ya think?

ON-Topic: Check out all these cables - cool pic.
Have you ever seen anything quite like this? OK, this one caught me completely by surprise, because when I saw the thumbnail I thought it was an A/C duct. My head spins at the thought of replacing one...

DSC PC1555
I have customer with a DSC pc1555 Power 632 panel in his house he wants me to monitor after installing a system in his business. I was hoping to connect over the phone line using software because the...

diamond heist
so who's the dipshit installing contacts on the outside of a door? (page 5) and really... the rest of the building didn't have an alarm? Leonardo Notarbartolo strolls into the prison visiting room...

OT: Murder at Safeway
Tired of constantly being broke and stuck in an unhappy marriage, a young husband decided to solve both problems by taking out a large insurance policy on his wife, with himself as beneficiary, and...

System Sensor 2W-B
System Sensor 2W-B Is this smoke detector any good? I want to use it on my Ademco Vista 20. Or should I go with a 4-wire?

DLS security stamps
For those of you using DSC's DLS software, I could use some advice about the security stamp feature. I just installed DLS, entered a security stamp, created an account, copied the account files to...