Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking to upgrade DVR, please suggest a model with these features.
Hello, I had four cams and a dvd installed 2 years ago so I could watch the house from home. The reality is I can't watch it all day long, so if something ever goes wrong, I might not be watching. I'd...

Help needed - Vista-20P sets to Fault every time I trip door sensor.
Hi all, I am in the process of installing Vista-20P. I have setup RF Receiver 5881 and registered wireless door sensor to Zone 10. The problem is that even when the system is disarmed once door sensor...

ok, what's the trick?
Got a new Altronix power supply. The punch-outs don't seem to be punched out enough. Should I be able to remove one by pushing hard from the inside with a large screw driver? Or punch with a hammer?...

DVR pricing
> Around CAN$1400 on the westcoast, and btw what isn't made in China nowadays > ?

Honeywell rewards program discontinued
Just went to check my points on the Honeywell reward program to find out it was discontinued as of dec 31 2008 and access to points is only till march 31 09. real nice of Honeywell to tell everyone....

How much of a deterrent is a non-ADT/Brinks home security system? Options
Awwww ...... Pshaw!!!!! (blush) Twern't nuffin! But ........... ya know, after I wrote all that and pushed the send button, I realized that I addressed the OP's post as if he were considering having...

Security First CCTV setup HELP!
Security First SDVS-1904 Setup « on: Today at 05:00 pm » Reply with quote Modify message Needing help with this. I installed the 4 cameras and the DVR. They're working fine. Now I'm trying to get it...

NAPCO Trouble code
What is the E2 trouble code on NAPCO.. I think its battery, but not sure. Thanks Jimmy Dale Reeves Reeves Security Group, LLC

Fire Alarm Seminar Schedule
Contact me regarding seminar sponsorship: mikebaker at afaa dot org ------------------ March 2-6, 2009 Park City, KS ------------------ Fire Alarm System Testing & Inspections Intermediate Fire Alarm...

Looking for Someone to Program My Panel
I have a Lynx-R Panel that has been very reliable, but I know I may be getting close to the end of life and would like to have another panel programmed and ready to install should I have any issues...

How much of a deterrent is a non-ADT/Brinks home security system?
You are a victim of the advertising hype. ADT and Brinks systems are among the least adequate, most poorly installed systems available, in my opinion.

FYI: AFAA Fire Alarm Classes in Kentucky
FYI: AFAA will be holding classes for Fire Alarm Training March 16 thru 19, 2009 in Bowling Green Kentucky at the Holiday Inn University Plaza.. See for the details and charges..

Ademco LYNX RI LYNXR-I
Now ............. THAT was FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF
I still take the test he asks, you have to wonder about some people Doug BBC NEWS | Americas | US suspect applied to join police

2006 IBC 2nd attempt
Hello all, I have a need for a small answer to a big question. If someone has a copy of the 2006 IBC would you look up if a building that is listed as type "General Mercantile", has 3 floors with...