Error check list for GEM-P9600 codes

Folks,

Alittle help here. I'm trying to reprogram a P9600 using quickloader. I've read the manuals quite a bit but still having a few issues. During error checking, I've got a code 01333 coming up. They are:

01333zone1 exit/entry follower requires at least one exit/entry #1/2 and 01333zone2 exit/entry follower requires at least one exit/entry #1/2 and

This is for zone 1 and 2 obviously which the zone types are setup as zexit/entry follower telco 1. Why is this error code coming up and how do I correct it? I need them to be exit/entry followers...obviously leaving them as a zburg perimeter telco 1 would remove the codes...I'm not sure where I need to add info?

I wish there was a good example code that could be downloaded to see what I'm incorrect with.

Thanks in advanced!

Reply to
Steve
Loading thread data ...

read the manuals quite a bit but still having a few issues. During error checking, I've got a code 01333 coming up. They are:

zexit/entry follower telco 1. Why is this error code coming up and how do I correct it? I need them to be exit/entry followers...obviously leaving them as a zburg perimeter telco 1 would remove the codes...I'm not sure where I need to add info?

incorrect with.

You don't have any entry delay zones set up. "Entry/exit follower" is usually a motion sensor that's looking at the entry door. Welcome to the Land of "Alarm-speak".

Reply to
Frank Olson

The system is telling you that there must be at least one zone programmed as an Entry/Exit delay zone for the "follower" function to work. To understand this you need to see how "follower" works.

When you enter through a normal, delay door the system starts a countdown. During that time all follower zones will also grant you a delay. This is used when you have to pass in front of a motion detector to get from the door to the keypad.

If a thief breaks in through a window and passes those same motion detectors there will be no delay. The alarm will trip immediately.

Because follower zones rely on an Exit/Entry zone being tripped first (to distinguish between you and a burglar) the system insists that you program at least one sensor -- usually a magnetic door sensor (aka a contact) for Entry/Exit delay.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.