Honeywell Vista 20P - Reprogramming to allow entry/exit delay for backdoor.

Can someone confirm or advise whether what I am thinking of doing will work for my Vista 20P Honeywell alarm system.

Desired outcome: add a delayed entry/exit for a backdoor(leaving the front door on a delayed entry as well)

Current configuration: Residential home currently programmed with 8 zones.

Front door is on zone 2 by itself, currently programmed as type 01 zone wit h delayed entry/exit.

Backdoor and kitchen & Porch windows are on Zone 3 (which currently does no t allow for a delayed entry of the backdoor)

Based on the Youtube videos I've watched and reading of various manuals/sit es. I am thinking that if I merely reprogram Zone 3 to a type 02 or 03 zone this will allow for delayed entry/exit from the Backdoor. I am assuming t he kitchen windows would also be on the delay since they are wired in zone

3 along with backdoor but I'm not concerned about them being on the delay t oo.

So will this work? or because the windows being on same zone as backdoor w ill this create a problem other than them being delayed too that I am not a ware of?

Note: No motion sensor concerns as not within path to backdoor.

Thank you for your help CF

Reply to
crafow
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.