Commander 2000 as standalone

I just bought a home with a Commander 2000 installed and ready to go (power, sensors, siren). I'm toying with the idea of using it without a subscription or monitor service but not sure exactly what that might entail. The previous owner was using ADT. I'm not too thrilled with their high rates and 3-year obligation, so I would like to use it as a standalone alarm. I have the manual and understand I will need to get the codes from ADT. Is it that simple or is there more I need to know? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Reply to
floydboyd
Loading thread data ...

Yes, it is that simple. The hard part is getting the programming access code from your local ADT "authorized dealer." You'll need that to make any changes. They don't usually part with the codes though. Some will give you the code but charge a fat fee for it, even if the system is your property. Some are more decent and will treat you fairly. Either way, the first call should be to ADT to see if they are willing to assist you.

If they won't give you the code there are a couple of people who post in this newsgroup who may be able to default the system for you. Jim Rojas and Bob Campbell are good guys. If they can't help, you can replace the board. They're not expensive. Everything else should work fine.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Forget it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.