Wireless motions (DSC)

to that broke

That's funny.

If I remember right, he did believe in ghosts or something, didn't he?

(By the way, I didn't type this. The keys just started moving all by themselves and ...... and ......Aggggggggggghhhhhh!)

(Someone want to hum the "Twilight Zone" theme song here?

Oh nevermind. Do do do-do. Do do do-do)

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

Thanks for all the information. I haven't got any recessed cans, and cutting a hole in ceiling would result in a half ton of loose cellulose/fiberglass insulation raining down. I don't want any of that nasty stuff coming into the high quality air of my house. Ultimately plan to make new access point in garage, but there are problems there too.

WRT other detectors, yes, I have opening detectors on all windows and doors, and glassbreak detectors on all windows. (I was reading this list way back when I had system installed, or I would have never even known to ask.) Also have deadbolts and window pins and all windows are visible from streets and neighbors. In ten years, I had one attempted break-in (or perhaps it was vandalism) that broke two windows. On one window, the detector failed to go off. Possibly it had boxes stacked too close to the detector, which is mounted on the opposite wall. Or maybe it wasn't that one that failed actually.

Then I discovered this little catch. Suppose I'm on vacation (I was on vacation at the time) and perp breaks window then runs off. Then, maybe a day later, they come back, and gain access through already broken window. Now there is no more defense without a motion.

Worrying about this possibility, I almost cut my vacation in half, at great loss and expense. However, thanks to good reporting by my neighbor, I figured out that the only important window they had broken was in the living room, which happens to be the room where my motion is. So I was safe, at least that time. But since that happened, two years ago, I have been yearning to have motions added to every room where I have valuable stuff for two reasons: Glassbreaks don't always work, and once glass is broken and alarm resets you're wide open.

Charles Peterson

Reply to
charlesp

so you think they will break in and not go walking through the house to see what you have to steal. they will just stay in the one room and steal the stuff in there and throw it out the window and climbing in and out risking getting cut by broken glass without opening a door to carry out big stuff because they know you have motions outside that one room they luckily picked to enter that didn't have a motion? maybe. I think if they were that smart they wouldn;t be breaking in houses to start with. good luck.

Reply to
Bob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.