Why multiple websites??

Why would an online dealer who is supposedly committed to customer service offer multiple web sites from which to shop? Could it be that the Better Business Bureau has a couple of his companies "on radar"? I mean, really!!

The BBB states that Bass Home Electronics and Bass Burglar Alarms have "unsatisfactory records" when it comes to dealing with customer complaints. Now he's trying to "fly" two new companies "under their radar": "Home Automation US" (home-automation.us.com) and "Security Alarm Systems" (security-alarm-systems.com). It's no wonder he has to move to new and bigger digs. I'd hate to be the accountant to try and "muddle through" his tax returns.

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

Many companies have mulitple websites to increase traffic. There's a least one other big alarmco web that travels under two names (cant remember them at the moment)...and they're not Robert's.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Your probably referring to "Norco Alarms" who were linking another "dotcom" they owned to their main site (which is entirely different than running four independent sites with different telephone contact numbers). You'll notice that none of Robert's "new sites" make any reference to him at all and there's no company info available either. Worthington, Tech Man, Alarm Contacts, Your Alarm Store, Alarm System Store, etc. aren't doing this. Of the two individuals I know that

*are*, Mike's had one complaint filed and resolved in the last three years
formatting link
and Bass is up to thirteen with four unresolved
formatting link
. I personally wouldn't buy from either, but at least Robert's using a legit shopping cart outfit to process orders. On any of Mike's sites, the process required to purchase anything is cumbersome.

Norco's new site is impressive

formatting link
and even with "Katrina", they're still shipping orders over $100.00 free. The really strange thing is they're also using UPS which begs the question: "Why are they treating Robert differently?"

If you're going to purchase anything online review this first

formatting link
and do some investigation into the company.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I wonder if all this is properly registered with the occupational licensing agency in his city/county and the local tax assessor? Does he know how to spell **audit**? I wonder if he is carrying workers comp on his **Staff**? He can only hope that they don't come down with carpal tunnel syndrome from entering all those orders he gets. He might get sued personally without providing WC.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

offer multiple web sites from which to shop?

That one's easy. Better search engine positioning.

Jealous?

Reply to
robertlbass

agency in his city/county and the local tax assessor?

You've been working in the Florida alarm industry for how many years and you still don't know that there's no city/county occupational license for online stores in Florida?

For someone with as many spelling errors as you make, that is truly funny.

Feel free to wonder.

entering all those orders he gets.

Most clients order online. We rarely process more than 20 or 30 orders by phone in a day. With guys like you losing out on all those commercial fire alarms because you're unable or unwilling to comply with UL standards or even to register your firm with them, business is getting better all the time.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

Now posting the results page from a Better Business Bureau company search is a flame?? Sheesh... And here I thought I'd posted the definition of a "flame" as well as for the word "truth" so that you could see the difference.

Naahhh! When I retire, it'll be to California where I can play Kanasta and Parcheesi with JS and ML, hop over to Reno or Vegas and take in a few shows... You know... real *American* pursuits, not dodging Boa Constrictors and Bushmen, or bribing the local constabulary with condoms in the wilds of Brazil.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Save your money, houses here ain't cheap. Even a decent condo will run you over half a million. Canasta? Parcheesi? You are thinking of jiminex, but you can play Bocci ball with the geezers in Balboa Park if you want.

js

Reply to
alarman

You don't have to tell me about the price of real estate in CA. ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

He loves pop ups! Just can't get enough of them so he opens more websites. Hey PINKY, what's with the pop ups?

Reply to
He's not white...He's PINK!

And no-one to answer to when you misrepresent yourself or your products (except of course the Beter Business Bureau and they know all about you..)

Coming from someone that posts as many spelling errors as you make, that's even funnier!! Fixed the pop-up/pop-under problem with your primary website?? BassBurglar *is* still your "primary" website, isn't it??

"Family" doesn't count, does it??

You are of course inferring here that *you* are UL listed, yes??

Reply to
Frank Olson

There are no pop-ups!!! You're lying!!! :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Interesting. The old site was fairly well positioned already. It made good use of keywords, didn't have pop-ups (not to mention the fact that it was "Verisign" certified) and offered something really unique in the form of a rather extensive "FAQ". Sad to see it all go "downhill". I would suggest taking a few pointers from norcoalarms.com and wballen.com and put something together that will stand on it's own merit. Things like "good service", "prompt delivery", "responding to customer's complaints", and an *800 number* go a long way in a business like yours (I believe it was you that held up the last bit as being a necessary requirement to running an online store). And why hide behind your son? Judging from the latest postings from "Goofybass" and "Bass' Helper", I'm sure the BBB in Clearwater has your latest efforts "on radar" by now.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.