Monotronics

Hi all!

Just curious if I could get a few of you to give your opinions on the Monotronics dealership... Anyone here a current dealer? We were just approved and I thought I would see how things are going for others..

Reply to
Ron Brock
Loading thread data ...

Why would you want to be a dealer for anyone?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Especially Monitronics?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Opinions? A better question for you might be "What goals do you have in mind for your business and how does Monitronics help reach those goals?" Noting is without risk and reward. There are real risks for you and your customers associated with using Monitronics. Make certain you have a good exit strategy.

Reply to
Roland Moore

It might help if you spell it correctly

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Did you read the contract? The most one-sided (and not YOUR side, either) document I can recall ever reading.

R> Hi all!

Reply to
Nick Lawrence

They're a horrible company. Their response time is almost as slow as ADT. Once you sign up, getting out of the deal is about as easy as exiting hell.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I seriously doubt you've ever run into a Monitronics customer much less know anything about their response time

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Speaking of "horrible companies"...

formatting link
You must really enjoy "shooting yourself in the foot"...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Only one half of Stereotronics?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

This is clearly not the case. Bass gets "calls" all the time... ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Please speak into my good ear next time?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Roland Moore

Sounds like an electronic kissing disease.

Reply to
Roger W

"Ron Brock" wrote:

FindLaw's Message Board

Kathy McDonald - 08:43pm Apr 2, 2004 (610.1.1 882/1335) Monitronics International I just resolve my conflict with Monitronics. My approach was this: report them to the Better Business Bureau of Dallas, TX. Their membership was cancelled due to too many complaints about billing issues. Read your contract about services discontinued due to relocation. Send them a "certified" letter explaining your position and all copies of their correspondence to you and request any reimbursement owed to you. Request in writing a letter stating your contract has been cancelled and that you have a "zero balance". Do not settle for verbal agreements, get it in writing. They reimbursed me and sent a letter stating the contract was cancelled. Your letters is the proof in case it would be a class action lawsuit. Always send your letter "certified" with a return to you, to show proof that they received it. Good luck.

Steve House - 01:29:pm Jun 29, 2004 (610.2 942/1335) Monitronics Int. needs to be sued. I'm helping out an elderly neighbor who complied with the conditions of the horrendous contract she'd been bamboozled into signing for an alarm system and monitoring. She sent a written notice of cancellation two weeks prior to the time required on the contract (60 days prior to expiration of contract term) and still has these people hounding her telling her she owes for an extra year at one time, telling her she owes an extra month another time, even calling her up and begging her to continue the contract at half price.

Noreen Beaufrere - 08:14am Jul 21, 2004 (610.3 966/1335) Monitronics International, Inc. I am very unhappy with the customer service provided by Monitronics International, Inc. After fulfilling my original two-year contract, I called to cancel my service. The information was taken on the phone, but I continued to be billed. I called again, and was told they needed a letter with my signature. I provided that, but continued to be billed. I called again, and was told that the terms of my contract state that unless I notify them prior to the anniversary date of the original contract, it automatically rolls over for another year. The company does not provide notification, and no further signature is required. I took out my contract again, and found that clause. Further, the clause states they must be notified 90 DAYS prior to the annual contract expiration date, which is something that customer service failed to point out. Note also that it took three calls (and a tremendous amount of time on the telephone) before that was pointed out to me. I cannot afford to continue paying for another year. The customer service is terrible, and the automatic contract renewal is horrible--especially if they require 90 days advance notice. I had another alarm system in another house, and I never went through this hassle to cancel service. I have searched the internet and found many complaints about Monitronics not canceling service, even when their highly restrictive procedures are followed to a "T". Don't worry about your house being robbed--Monitronics will rob you first.

Tim Walsh - 09:14pm Mar 19, 2007 (610.4 1284/1335) Monitronics International - Class action suit? I have had numerous problems finalizing the cancellation of my account. I have called, mailed a letter, FAXâ?Ted a letter, called, called and called. My ex-roommate ran up long distance, and Verizon canceled my phone. I got a cable phone, but the alarm system didn't support the digital phone, so they said I needed a cell phone. I ordered that. 6 Months later I called and said "hey I still don't have a phone installed so I want to cancel" they said I would need to cancel in writing, so I did. 6 months later I called saying "I am still getting bills" They said "oh you shouldn't have sent in the written cancellation with your bill payment, thatâ?Ts the bill processing center, they don't handle accounts and probably threw it out. So I FAXED in a cancellation. I am still getting billed I live in Washington State, and I now plan to complain to the BBB, the State Attorney General, the department of licensing, (to go after their business license), the federal trade commission, and KOMO 4 news's Herb Weisbaum's consumer watch. This company is as evil as Ballys. How can I find out if there is an active class suit against Monitronics, or start one if there isn't? I know they have laws against this stuff

Al and Ann - 03:11pm May 18, 2007 (610.4.1 1298/1335) Monitronics - I want to join a class action suit! Tim, do you know of a class action suit against Monitronics. They are a underhanded company! I have been battling with them for five years. We sold our house in Florida and they wouldn't let us cancel. They said they would transfer the service but their service is not offered in our area. So they kept billing eventhough they provided no service in the Virgin Islands. Now they have put this as a collection account on our credit report. Monitronics is BAD NEWS!! How can we warn others not to get involved. Al and Ann

-- Findlaw Website

Reply to
Robert L Bass

There's more:

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Monitronic's

Is that the same problem that causes former dealers to whine and talk bullshit?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

What is it exactly you are trying to defend here? Your reputation? The company's reputation? The truth is ALL you guys screwed the pooch big time. No one gives a rats ass which friggin' department did what, so your MAD magazine defense doesn't cut it. Besides, according to you you're the one guy that trained everyone (except when you claim you don't remember anyone).You don't care about what kind of foul ups happen at Monitronics, to you it's just another whining customer to screw and then ignore. I've never heard you say one thing about trying to implement a procedure to make certain nothing like this happens again. Until Monitronics goes broke paying for its screw ups, I guess it will just be business as usual.

Reply to
Just Looking

You were the one who claimed hush money and supposedly how I somehow know everything about everyone there and what they are doing. And the fact you spent well over 2 months from the initial statement until your explaination, in between that was babel

Did you know what Gus is doing all the time?

Well gee since I'm not a supervisor it's not up to me now is it? I suppose in your mind I should be telling everyone else what to do

It sounds like you need to have another conversation with Trixie/Tracy again, she tells a much different story than you

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Way to go, Bobby!!!

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.