Why

Looking for ideas. I have an alarm system in a government building basement. A computer room with 2 large AC units, a walk in UPS, Wires top and bottom all over a raised floor ect. It is a Moose Z2000 4 key pads tow door strikes 16 zones two batteries ect. It's been there ten years I have changed the main board three times in the ten years. I like it but it gets a fit every so often. Monday I was called the keypad keeps beeping for a long time. I found some entry time was changed to an odd number and a zone changes I know now one go in to the prograhaming I looked at the printer log and memory.

Why and How. Cellphone next to the keypad? Generator starting?

Reply to
Rich
Loading thread data ...

Is it "grounded"?

Those things won't take a surge too well if you "grounded" it. It put the word in parentheses because most installations I've seen the ground wire is really a giant antenna.

Reply to
Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

Your first problem is it's a Moose panel....

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I have about 25 moos panels out there and they been good to me. I like them better then the caddx I got switched to.

Reply to
Rich

I have to agree the 2000 was a POS. Now if it was a Z-1100, well... js

Reply to
alarman

Reply to
Rich

Never truer words spoken!

Reply to
Roland

It's simple. You went from bad to worse!

Reply to
Roland

Z-1100? Just another POS! Oh yes. I menti>>> Looking for ideas.

Reply to
Roland

That's bull. Z1100e's are bulletproof. I have never seen a better panel in it's day. They are terrible as far a transient voltage - but that can be controlled somewhat. DONT GROUND IT.

Reply to
Nelson Muntz

And >

Reply to
Roland

Yes, but you have to deal with rotten insurance adjusters telling the poor end user that they don't need the repairs you have written up (and signed a goofy "lightning damage affidavit"). I stop them by saying "oh since your so certain there is no problem you and your company won't mind signing a waiver that states you'll be responsible for any losses that occur from a failure from this damaged system?" They always cut the check after that. Insurance companies and insurance adjusters, pure vermin. (no offense to any other vermin of any sort intended by the comparison)

Reply to
Roland

That is absurd, a bullet will easily pass through a Z1100e

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Knowing you, you tried it!

I believe you.

Reply to
Nelson Muntz

Sure.

js

Reply to
alarman

Now had you said Z911 that would be another story, thats one of the best panels ever made and very bulletproof

Reply to
Mark Leuck

So when you shot it, the bullet went astray?

Reply to
Nelson Muntz

Bounced off and passed through a Z1100 System II that happened to be laying beside it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Roland Moore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.