Where to buy a Home alarm Kit

I am in the market for a new alarm system. Any Ideas where to buy? I am looking for a reliable online merchant that can support their stuff and answer extensive pre-sales questions. Any Ideas?

Reply to
Firebat
Loading thread data ...

I would first ask here (what system would be best for your needs), then find a site to purchase it. You can then search for that specific control panel and find the best price.

For the other stuff; contacts, interior motion sensors, etc. I would buy them where available or find the site with the best price.

With projects such as this, I will typically buy things from several different sites. I would prefer to buy everything at one site, but no one site sells everything I want many times.

So far as questions... I think you will get the best answers by asking here.

Reply to
Bill

I think I want to go with a wireless solution... What is the best? I will need about 18 total areas of protection. What should I go with?

Reply to
Firebat

I will be installing this myself. I am also familiar with low voltage wiring. Putting smokes is an option that I am not going to do at this point, but I may want them later.

I googled the Concord Express. This is who showed up.... any info on these companies?

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Firebat

I bought everything for my Ademco system from Safe-Mart. The prices were good, no delivery problems. The tech support people are real and know what they are talking about. It's not some tech support place in India reading a script from a computer. They answer their phones immediately and are always courteous. They are slow to answer e-mail so best to phone them.

Bob

Reply to
Robertm

formatting link
You might also want to try:

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

The "best" would be an opinion. ITI makes really good wireless products. In fact, I've rarely seen anyone post anything derogatory about them.

formatting link
Will you be installing the equipment yourself?? Are you familiar with running wire?? Will your system incorporate fire detection??

Reply to
Frank Olson

BBB member. In good standing. No complaints in the last three years. That even beats

formatting link
(one of the bigger online "diy" outfits in the country).

Not a BBB member. Numerous unresolved complaints.

Never heard of 'em. No info at the local bureau at all (on any of their other company names either). They're out of Colorado though... That must count for something... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Norco alarms A.K.A. Home Security Store, I've never heard anything bad about them....... Regards, Russ

"Frank Olson" wrote in message news:XIv1f.103676$1i.2651@pd7tw2no...

Reply to
Russell Brill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.