whats URL for alarm museam

i misplaced bookmark for the alarm company up north east which has a small collection of memorabilia online any one remember it.

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

Yes, it's Wayne Alarm in Lynn, Mass. They're really nice people.

Here's the URL:

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

thanks bob i have some stuff to send him

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

They may be interested to buy a copy of an old book (1926) on wiring alarm systems. This book also has wiring instructions for the old "Knob and Tube" wiring. Very interesting to read this stuff. The alarm wiring is near the back of the book and in the "Interior Wiring" section.

The book is one volume of a set and the specific book is called: "International Library of Technology" - "Distribution of Electrical Energy". Published by International Textbook Co.

Many copies of this old book can be found for sale at the following book search site (Searches many different stores world wide)...

formatting link
For title enter: international library of technology For keyword enter: distribution Then click on Find the Book

The copy I have is dated 1926. I don't know if copies published at different times also have the alarm wiring section or not.

Reply to
Bill

that's must be the one bASS uses as a reference for tech support! real OLD.

Reply to
Joe

I think he's donated everything to Honeywell and they're constructing a museum. Received one of those bullshit Honeywell notes recently.

Reply to
Red

I hear that too.. Honeydont got all his stuff.

Reply to
ssokoly

Bill,

I'm sure they'd love to have it but they don't usually buy things. The collection is mostly stuff they took out of old systems plus a number of donated items. It's not the kind of museum where the general public shows up much, although they would certainly be welcome to do so.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I've heard that they're going to be commissioning a special section of the museum. "The Hall of Flame". It'll feature a life size wax figure of Bass in his "Amazon fishing outfit" (hip-waders) standing in a pile of bullshit, holding up a Napco LCD keypad which reads: "Attention Burglar. Go Ahead, Make My Day." On closer inspection you'll notice that it's printed on green electrical tape. A sign around his neck will read: "See? Any primate can make it work. You only need a modicum of tape skills and a couple of hours instruction on the phone."

Reply to
Frank Olson

& DIY ONLY sign. :-))
Reply to
Joe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.