Self storage facilty ?

Hi All I have a customer who has a Digikey automation system in his self storage facility which does doors gates etc and he does not like its performance is there any other systems anyone is familiar with they like better.PTI etc

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.
Loading thread data ...

Nick, I don't know the Digikey other than the name. You are asking for a very broad stroke. I would first find out what details of the Digikey he does not like, then ask how he wants to use the system. And then build up from there.

Personally I prefer Keri Systems for access control. Lots of flexibility, with remote connect thru RS232, modem, LAN, RS485 over Ethernet. Multi-site set ups. They do not do keypads though, only prox and magstrip readers. Software very well laid out and reports are easy.

Hope that helps.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

Seems like there are a bunch of so called "access control" manufacturers that cater to the self storage business.

Reply to
Just Looking

Nick,

Since I have never used the Digikey system you speak about, I decided to do a little investigation. The problem I am having is that I can only find the Digi-Key electronics catalog of parts. Do you happen to have any other info on this system?? Just curious here.

Thanks,

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.