What is uControl?

So it seems every dog is after the magic RMR stream someone else built up. This time it's "Cancel your outdated monitoring service. Switch to uControl today." This looks to me like a version of what Alarm.com offers, but this seems to be aimed at taking over existing accounts. The sales pitch is to offer more service for less money. Oh, and screw the dealer who installed and supports the gear you have now. The focus seems to be on getting residential customers, almost at the DIY level.

formatting link
think I might go by and visit them in person soon. All this seems a little too slick. Even Alarm.com gave up on its direct to customer marketing. I wonder why these guys want to bypass the dealer structure? I am certain that dealers will be falling all over themselves to go repair a uControl customer that doesn't pay them a RMR anymore. Comments anyone?

Reply to
Just Looking
Loading thread data ...

little

UControl is a box thats designed to mount beside and interface with a Vista or DSC Power series panel, it communicates through either broadband, wifi or cellular. you hook a phone into it and the device will intercept the call and UControl will route the signal.

It works pretty well, hardware is solid and the interface is easy to use, I've got 2 units up and running now

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Kinda interesting. Wonder why they disconnect the battery but don't bother powering the panel down? I like the little hole puncher device.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.