What is Brinks worried about?

Is it that the hand-held "Brinks Programmer" isn't really made by Brinks and is available to anyone in the trade with access to the GE Security line or are they concerned about the limited number of these units that "float" around on eBay? Are they concerned that the court in Texas might discover that they do indeed offer their equipment for sale (as demonstrated by the proposal "Crash" put up) and which is contrary to the statements put forth in Brinks Statement of Claim? Does Brinks not download and "lock" the rebranded Ademco/Honeywell panels from local programming (this would prevent someone from using the "*" and "#" technique from gaining access to installer level programming)? I'd really like someone from "Sableman and Company" (yes, I know you're monitoring this Newsgroup) to actually identify the intellectual property of Brinks publicly.

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

This for starters...

formatting link
Jim Rojas

Frank Ols> Is it that the hand-held "Brinks Programmer" isn't really made by Brinks

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Hi Jim:

Would you know if Brinks would still be able to download their panel with this "re-router" attached? If not, this unit itself would present the biggest threat to their revenue stream. Does this mean that companies like Brinks and ADT are going to go after any DIY store that offers this unit for sale? Not only does this unit offer the clear capability to "tortuously interfere" with *any* existing monitoring contract, it also provides the customer that purchases a home with existing equipment installed to have it monitored without even having to contact Brinks. Yep... Sableman should be contacting the Hosting Provider for

formatting link
immediately.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I d> > This for starters...

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.