Brinks BHS2000D Hack

You can also reset the default values using the fresh chip.

In address 255 enter a 1. That should load all the defaults and at the same time make the panel a local system. Then all you have to do is to change the zone types, enter times, and the master code.

If that doesn't work, get back to me. I will look at my manuals and double check for you.

Angry Man From Gauteng

Reply to
Nomen Nescio
Loading thread data ...

Correction.

To default the The BHS-2000D panel:

Go to location 255 Enter 1 Power down panel You should see all zeros & the programmer will beep. Now the panel has been defaulted.

Sorry, its been yesrs since I programmed those systems.

Angry Man In Gauteng

Reply to
Anonymous

If the programmer displays L on the screen, The panel is locked out. Replace the chip or use an external serial programmer to erase it. Then press 255 + 1 and see if that reloads the defaults.

Angry Man In Gauteng

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

I th>> I use Raid Wasp Killer to repell lawyers. If I run out, WD-40 works >> just as good.

Reply to
Roland More

Thank you for all the tips. I included them in the October 2007 version of Tech Help!

Jim Rojas

Nomen Nescio wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

idiots...there is no "HACK" you know how to program them , or you don't. that's it, end of story. there's no back door, no hack, no secret way in. if you don't know what you're doing (which you obviously don't) you'll just screw everything up....your "customers" will love that!!!!

Reply to
BDEBJ

What? No hack? No back doors? What fun is that then? If you look hard enough, there are back doors into everything.

Just like that 16 year old kid that found the back door to the Apple iPhone. The iPhone is probably 1000 times more complicated than any Brinks panel. Wouldn't you agree?

Jim Rojas

BDEBJ wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

yea but it disabled the phone on the next software upgrade.

Reply to
Slob

Microsoft tried that without too much success if I remember.

Don't worry, someone will make an iPhone utility program that will allow updates via USB port or via bluetooth.

The game never ends.

Jim Rojas

Slob wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I found this intersting bit of information:

formatting link

Aynyone ever used a brinks handheld programmer?

(1/1)

newdude: Hi guys,

I purchased a home with a brinks panel already installed from the previous owner about 2 yrs ago. At one point I tried to get the panel activated and to no one elses surprise, brinks monitoring fee and required comittment was discouragement to me.

Recently, I found a board talking about a hackers version of a brinks programmer on ebay.

(See here)

formatting link
I took a chance and purchased it. It pretty much does everything he claims it will. I can change zone types, attributes, master code, aux codes, all of the important stuff no problem. But the designer of this device makes no claim to know anything about brinks panels or other products other than what he's learned from his own BHS2000. Now that I have my panel set up and the eprom data backed up to disk I want to experiment with the device programmer. Some of the data on the chip is obvious what its purpose is. Other data is not so obvious. This brings me to my question....

Can anyone that's ever used a Brinks/Scantronics handheld programmer tell me some other things that it is capable of doing on a BHS2000 panel?

Thanks,

Eric

newdude: I'd like to adjust the amount of time the siren stays on, and the entry/exit delay time. How is this set with a brinks handheld, or is it?

Eric

Security Monitor: Quote from: newdude on July 23, 2006, 11:07:54 AM

Can anyone that's ever used a Brinks/Scantronics handheld programmer tell me some other things that it is capable of doing on a BHS2000 panel?

Eric, All the Brinks programmer does is change the numeric value of a field. In order to use and change the information, you must know what each field represents (what it controls) and what numeric values equal what function (what each number represents).

With that said, I add the following cautions:

1. Brinks use a layer approach to programming. Unlike typical programming where you toggle things on & off, or change what you want that field to do, each of their field may control a critical function that has nothing to do with the fields name. So adding a one to a default can enable the chimes, while adding another 2 on top of the 1 and default could make the system a silent alarm and subtracting 4 could disable fire reporting.
  2. The Letter of the panel signifies revision changes. So a 2000A has different programming features than a 200D. I believe they had 6 revision of the 200panel alone. Unlike typical programming where they add field to make changes, Brinks system used any available value open within any field. So on a A panel field 101 means one thing and on a C panel that 101 field could be do something else on top of what you thought it did. If your using a D programming on a B panel you could end up with a system that goes haywire when powered up or worst, fail to sound an alarm.
  3. As mentioned, they use hidden values, so a system may have a default of 5 in a field but no where does it explain what that 5 represents. Accidentally leaving that value out of programming could result in a critical failure of your alarm. Also the default value could be different between revision numbers. As an example, lets say the field states it's for phone reporting, it could also hold an embedded value to allow first digit master code changes. If your unaware of the whole function of each field, you can change that field to the numeric value that enables an event to make a report of an alarm and without knowing it, enabled anyone to enter the first digit of your master code to shut the alarm off.
  4. You also need to know when to use a single digit "1" or a double digit "01" to represent the same value.
  5. Some systems have a burned in system check if any phone number is entered. That means that at some point the panel will automatically start dialing that number to check in. I do not believe you can disable that function. You can turn off the daily test, but not the embedded panel checks. Unless your only using a revision number that support paging, entering any number into the receiver number fields will cause a communications failure to be displayed on the keypads.
  6. Don?t forget you, must tell the panel to accept the numeric value change. Just entering it will not make the change. If not done correctly, if you go to field 50 and make it a 10 and next go to field
60 and make it a 5, if you didn?t use the accept key, what you did was go to field 50 and next went to field 10 and next to field 60 without making the changes. Watch each step, as entering a value does not change the field until you tell it to accept it as a change.
  1. DO NOT use the Load Brinks Defaults unless you must default everything and do not use the Auto Programming as it will create all the values as Brinks wants them, not the way you want them. (see #5 above)

I'm not a fan of anyone ever fiddling with the Brinks programming since with so many embedded hidden values, if you make a mistake, you could be dead in the waters requiring a full system default or loading back the old values. But if you don't know what mistake was made, you'll probably make it again.

Good luck. == Just wanted to add one more thing. Make sure you KNOW the exact model and revision number of the panel. Don't only go by the decal in the can. Since it's common for them to just change the chip to add features to an older system, the can could say 2000X but it's really a 2000Y. And, make sure you do have a 2000 series panel and not an older 1000 (the board and keypads look alike), or the modified 1200 series that used the same keypads as the 2000 but is a streamlined panel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Slob wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I made an interesting discovery yesterday. It seems you can program the older 670, 1000, 1200, & 2000 Brinks panels using an Acron P4000 eprom programmer. You do have to pull he chip off the main board though. Then all you need is a program function map to get you through the programming. Anyone familiar with how Moose panel programming works should have no problem doing this. I am also looking into the possibility of using the Moose Z1100P programmer to accomplish the same thing without removing the chip. Many of those older panels used the same exact chips. I will create diagram pinouts, with step by step instructions, so these programmers can be interfaced without that much trouble.

Brinks will probably argue that since Acron was purchased by Scantronics, therefore the P4000 contains their intellectual property as well... :)

This information will be added to the November 2007 issue of Tech Help. I will continue to publish more information as I discover them.

Jim Rojas

Nomen Nescio wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Acron P4000? I had an Acron burner. I remember it as being in an all aluminum case with the black knob selector. I think there were 4 "pages" to the program. I used it to program the 8 channel Acron slave dialer with it. Was that a 4000 or was that some earlier version?

Reply to
Roland Moore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.