VONK Format

Hello all,

Recently I've been looking through documentation for Sur-Gard and Connettix central station receivers, and noticed a mention of a format that is referred to as "VONK." I've never heard of this protocol anywhere outside of these guides, and searches to Google with a variety of supplementary keywords have not been successful in turning up more info about what kind of panels send this format. Are any of you here familiar with VONK?

Thank you!

Reply to
xastr115
Loading thread data ...

Never heard of it.

Reply to
Jim Davis

It was an FSK format used in Europe

Reply to
mleuck

Where have you been? Do you hibernate and only come out at the sound of monitoring questions?

Reply to
Jim Davis

I've been wondering about that too, it's 110 baud using standard CCITT tone pairs. 2 digit account number, and a number of status channels similar to what Scancom and Ademco High Speed send. No handshake sent from the receiver, which is interesting. If you find any panels that use it, I'd be interested to know as well.

Keith

Reply to
KJ7BZC

Been here on and off, only post if something interests me like this

I can't tell you what panels actually used that format but it appears they were from the Neatherlands?

Reply to
mleuck

Could never understand why people would want to describe the area that they live in as "inferior" land.

Reply to
Jim Davis

something to do with "below" sea level.. one wave away from flooding .. RTS

Reply to
RTS

Hmmm, makes one think if New Orleans should be New Neatherleans or Veniceatherland

Reply to
Jim Davis

Silly New Amsterdammers getting worried about nothing important.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.